Friday January 19, 8 am to 10 am
Status and Power: Becoming a Workplace Jedi
Have you ever shared a wonderful idea only to have it ignored? Do you ever feel tension in the air and suspect you might be caught in a power struggle? Do you want to have influence at a higher level? Would you like to be able to shift the group climate to be more collaborative and productive?
As facilitators, trainers, leaders or any other type of human, a conscious awareness of the dynamics of status and power can help you:
- inspire strust
- have your ideas heard and taken seriously
- minimize unhealthy conflict
- create environments where people feel engaged and respected
What attendees will achieve:
- Recognize and employ the non-verbal vocabulary of status dynamics
- Expand awareness of your habitual status behaviors and where they help and hurt your cause
- Practice applying status fluency to facilitation, presentation and one-on-one interactions to increase influence and impact
Kat Koppett is CEO of Koppett, a consultancy specializing in improvisation and storytelling to enhance workplace effectiveness. Kat has worked with organizations such as Facebook, Apple, Prezi, GE, Havas Health, and the Clinton Global Initiative. She is the author of Training to Imagine: Practical Improvisational Theatre Techniques to Enhance Creativity, Teamwork, Leadership, and Learning, and the Co-director of the Mopco Improv Theatre.
Registration and lite breakfast at 7:30
Workshop 8 am to 10 am at The Mopco Improv Theatre, 10 N Jay Street, Schenectady, NY 12309
A $5 fee will be added to walkins.