Research Foundation For SUNY
Project Staff Associate (R17-27)
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Project Staff Associate position located in Albany, NY.
Primary focus is to improve case practice and performance of NYS's child welfare service system, including its local departments of social services and not for profit provider agencies while working closely with staff of the project's sponsor, the NYS Office of Children and Family Services, to achieve goals of safety, permanency, and well-being in accordance with current state and national legislation, performance standards, and accepted best practice standards. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assess, design, develop, and/or review and revise curricula, and best practices to guide workgroups and curriculum developers on casework practice and policy content.
• Assess child welfare training needs of local departments of social services, voluntary agency providers, coordinate the yearly child welfare training needs assessment for the sponsor's division of child welfare and community services, solicit and analyze input from stakeholders and consult with sponsor on priorities and strategies, communicate results to stakeholders.
• Consult with sponsor on most efficient use of available resources to meet needs within comprehensive child welfare training plan, training implications of new legislation and regulations. Assess worker competencies and assure training resources are available to ensure best practice strategies.
• Coordinate child welfare training and technical assistance projects, develop project work plans and assess the feasibility and use of resources.
• Coach and provide technical assistance to sponsor and local district/agency staff on development and implementation of practice and performance improvement strategies.
• Prepare quarterly reports, routine and other special reports.
1) Master's Degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization with a concentration in Social Work or related field;
2) Minimum of 3 years' experience in the development and delivery of curriculum and /or instructional programs for adults, including the development and delivery of outcome-based training programs.
3) Minimum of 3 years working in the child welfare field with content specific knowledge of public child welfare programs, solution focused practice, family assessment response, and supervision in child welfare. Experience must include thorough familiarity with the provision of services in NYS in accordance with current regulatory and best practice standards;
4) Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive, constructive relationships with all levels of staff;
5) Demonstrated ability to work with a culturally diverse population;
6) Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills;
7) Demonstrated skills in negotiating, implementing, and monitoring mutually developed plans to manage organizational change and appropriate training interventions;
8) Ability to appropriately handle multiple priorities, deadlines/conflicting priorities;
9) Demonstrated computer proficiency in use of email, electronic calendar, computer templates, word processing, PowerPoint, and internet;
10) This is a full time position and will require travel throughout NYS including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
11) Other duties as assigned to meet program requirements.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the low $70s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Those selected for an interview will be asked to provide a writing sample. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=84740.
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Website for Online Applications: http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=84740
Date Posted: 05-26-2017