Organizational Development Trainer
The Training Professional Development Lead is responsible for development, and evaluation of training programs for employees and clients. This includes instructing employees in new technology, management, reporting systems, and safety. Additional responsibilities include analyzing organizational development issues, identifying where training would be most useful, and designing effective strategies.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, and manage training sessions and schedules based on the evaluation of the needs of staff, new hires, and subcontractor personnel and in coordination with management
• Determine and provide effective support, feedback, motivation, offer opportunities to deliver, keep trainers updated, and ask for feedback on how to strengthen individual and overall team performance
• Review and approve the training modules and coordinate with the team to bring consistency and alignment with training and work instructions that allow trainees to demonstrate competence in content and performance effectiveness
• Develop knowledge transfer and team building, coordinate creation and implementation of the action plan in cooperation with the team to effectively utilize the training environment and systems resources
• Develop training programs and training materials based on proven adult learning techniques including ADDIE, Rapid Course Development, and Adult Learning Theory
• Write instructional materials for multiple formats including instructor-led, self-paced training and utilizing corporate –wide knowledge management system
• Review, evaluate, and modify existing and proposed programs
• Create and administer “Needs Based” assessments to measure effectiveness of the curriculum and learner performance in the workplace, integrating results into new and existing course curriculum
• Develop training scenarios and manually update comprehensive training environment data resources to ensure that systems training mimics the production environment systems tools used by employees on a daily basis
• Work extensively with stakeholders and SMEs to perform needs analysis, develop learning objectives and design deliverables that meet learner and stakeholder needs and organizational quality standards
• Support the Training Manager with assigned duties and acts as the department SME by acting as the department's subject matter expert (SME) through exuding mastery skill level of the position, responding to all content related inquiries from Training Specialists, conducting reviews of Training Staff classes, train Training Team members on effective processes, and performing New Hire shadowing
• Deliver Instructor Training as needed
• Create and implement professional development programs and resource materials
• Consult with management to align business needs with employee development
• Facilitate programs in business knowledge, process improvement, customer service, leadership, and career development
• Responsible for adhering to all established safety standards
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
• Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds
• Work is constantly performed in an office environment
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
Background & Experience Required:
• 5 years of related experience required
• 2 years of training experience
• 2 years leadership experience
• 3 years of expertise in developing and delivery of OD/Supervisory development
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Demonstrated classroom management skills
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills,
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline oriented work environment
• Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
• Facilitation, presentation, and coaching experience
• Proficient in software packages such as: databases, presentation programs and LMS
• Knowledge and experience with project management, CRM software, and/or call center
• Telephonic tracking software a plus preferred
• Knowledge and work experience with New York State programs (i.e. CHIP, TANF, SNAP, Medicaid or LTC) or private health insurance preferred
• Experience in multi-media development applications, such as Captivate, preferred
• Experience in completing monitoring reports, and providing feedback to staff and/or management as appropriate
• Experience in assessment and analysis of program initiatives
Email Address for Resumes: firstname.lastname@example.org Website for Online Applications: http://external-maximus.icims.com/jobs/31013/organizational-development-trainer/job?mode=view
Date Posted: 06-26-2018
Research Foundation for SUNY
Training Program Coordinator (R18-40)
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Training Program Coordinator position located in Albany, NY.
The Training Program Coordinator will develop, deliver, and monitor traditional and non-traditional child welfare training and technical assistance programs. The Training Program Coordinator will provide support to the child welfare casework practice and the child welfare service delivery performance improvement agendas currently being implemented by local departments of social services, voluntary agency providers, and the state oversight agency. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, develop, and/or review curricula and formulate recommendations for revisions; direct work of staff to develop or revise training curricula; monitor project completion according to sponsor specifications.
• Identify and meet training needs of local departments of social services (ldss), voluntary agency providers (agencies), and state field office staff through coordination of training resources.
• Consult with field offices on assessment of training needs; consult with state staff on implications of new legislation, regulations, and administrative directives.
• Provide research to assist in the development of competency based training curricula and related training materials for child welfare staff and foster/adoptive parents of ldss and agencies.
• Coordinate child welfare training and technical assistance projects and/or components of projects as directed.
• Other duties as assigned to meet program requirements.
1) Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization with a concentration in social work or a related field.
2) Minimum of 2 years of experience in the development and delivery of curriculum and/or instructional programs for adults and youth, and competency based training curricula.
3) Knowledge of public child welfare programs, adolescent and LGBTQ service needs, and supervision in child welfare.
4) 4 years experience in development and delivery of child welfare services and programs in NYS.
5) Experience with curriculum development, project management, organization development, and training.
6) Experience conducting research on best, evidence based and emerging practices.
7) Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive, constructive relationships with all levels of staff.
8) Demonstrated excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills.
9) Demonstrated computer proficiency.
10) Ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs.
11) This is a full time position and will require travel throughout NYS including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
12) Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the low $70s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, a letter of application, and a writing sample. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=98784. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Website for Online Applications: http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=98784
Date Posted: 06-19-2018