CAP COM Federal Credit Union
Senior Talent Development Specialist
Make a smart move, feel empowered, and be part of something different. CAP COM Federal Credit Union can help you advance your career, enjoy a team environment and provide access to great employee benefits. CAP COM is consistently voted Best in Service and one of the Best Places to Work in the Capital Region.
We are currently seeking a Senior Talent Development Specialist to cultivate, promote and gain support for CAP COM's Learning and Development strategy, direction and programs across the organization. The Sr. Talent Development Specialist will develop content and monitor progress of initiatives linked to execution of department strategy, while ensuring alignment with organizational goals and objectives. In addition, the incumbent will advise the Talent Development Manager and colleagues on best practices for all aspects of organizational development, talent management, and career planning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Implement and maintain company-wide training standards, expectations and measurements that build employee competencies and foster an environment of continuous learning.
2. Work in collaboration with management to support organizational learning programs and ensure that processes are consistent with the evolving needs and requirements of the organization.
3. Design, develop, and conduct training needs analyses at both the department level and Credit Union-wide. Analyze results of training needs analyses and provide training solutions to support business strategy, goals, and initiatives.
4. Manage requests for organizational learning and development:
• Based on requests, determine best options for training (i.e. develop training in-house, purchase from vendor, or utilize existing resources).
5. Design, develop and deliver training programs.
6. Mentor/lead colleagues and other training liaisons within the organization in designing, developing and delivering high quality training.
7. Act as a project manager when external consultants are used to design/develop/present development programs.
8. Evaluate training and measure results according to established criteria. Prepare training related reports and metrics as needed or requested.
9. Utilize the Learning Management System (LMS) to:
• Develop professional skills and career development tracks
• Coordinate training and learning opportunities
• Assist managers with their training/learning budget
• Coach managers and employees on training and learning opportunities
• Identify possible alternatives to classroom/traditional training
• Track completed training
10. Provide career development guidance to employees and managers.
11. Manage talent development focus areas including Corporate/Organizational Developmental and/or Operational Learning Programs to include the following:
• New Employee Orientation
• Leadership/Management training
• Change Management
• Member service
• Diversity/Cultural Competency
• Computer Training
• Team Building
• Business process improvement
• Compliance training
• Product training
• Systems training
12. Participate in developing departmental goals, objectives and systems; recommend new strategies, policies and procedures to the Talent Development Manager to effect continual improvements in the department.
13. Compliance Management:
• Maintain and update Training policies and procedures annually, or more frequently as necessary
• Conduct Training audits, revise processes, report on findings, and provide compliance oversight to Training
• Identify opportunities for improvement and enhancement of Training functions based on audit findings
14. Manage relationships with training vendors, to include:
• Sourcing vendors and programs
• Develop and manage vendor partnerships
• Vendor contract oversight
15. Coordinate and communicate external learning opportunities to the organization, such as conferences and seminars.
16. Support activities related to the overall Talent Development program to include competency development, performance management and/or succession management processes.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Development, Training and Development or related area.
2. Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in employee training, organizational development, and/or other related experience.
3. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels within the organization.
4. Demonstrated proficiency designing, developing and delivering training, curriculum, courses, learning paths, etc. for various audiences and learning settings (in-person, written, video, virtual, etc.).
5. Demonstrated excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
6. Ability to mentor/lead others in high quality curriculum design, development and delivery.
7. Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with ability to learn new software applications.
8. Ability to support organizational needs and learning strategies through effective, problem solving abilities, management development, curriculum design and group facilitation.
9. Demonstrated strong knowledge of training systems management, needs assessment, design, delivery, evaluation, cost benefit analysis and adult learning styles.
10. Demonstrated strong knowledge of employee performance standards, organizational development, project management, quality improvement principles, business-process reengineering and web-based training.
11. Familiarity with corporate Learning Management and Human Resources Information Systems.
CAP COM Federal Credit Union is a professional and fun organization offering quality benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with generous profit sharing/matching contributions.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online by clicking here: https://www.capcomfcu.org/careers.html
For reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and recruitment process, please contact:
Graig Carbino, Talent Development Manager
Office Phone: 518-458-2195 x4400
Mailing Address: 4 Winners Circle, Albany, NY 12205
Equal Opportunity Employer, race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation Website for Online Applications: https://www.capcomfcu.org/job-opportunities/
Date Posted: 08-20-2017