Research Foundation For SUNY
Senior Education Specialist R17-02
The Professional Development Program of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College is seeking a motivated individual to develop and maintain e-learning products for a web-based training portal serving state and social services district staff. Applicants should have a minimum of three years' experience in instructional curriculum design and technology.
Description of Duties:
• Work with sponsors, subject matter experts, and available resources to develop curriculum for web-based training projects on a variety of subjects.
• Update and maintain training and training portal content.
• Create design documents, storyboards, flowcharts, and prototypes to illustrate instructional and technical approaches
• Work with managers, developers, and program sponsors to conceptualize new projects and recommend approaches to meet project deliverables.
• Conduct usability and accessibility tests and generate reports and related documentation.
• Provide technical support to end users.
• Assist in developing and applying standards across a range of projects through documentation and project evaluation sessions.
• Research and recommend best practices and appropriate technologies to enhance web-based learning components and approaches.
1) Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization. 2) Minimum three years' experience in instructional design, curriculum writing, or equivalent. 3) Understanding and application of web standards, including accessibility guidelines. 4) Practical experience in web development and coding, including HTML and CSS. 5) Experience in designing and developing e-learning products. 6) Ability to work under pressure and meet posted deadlines. 7) Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse groups. 8) Ability to handle multiple projects. 9) Excellent writing and verbal communication skills. 10) Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and technologies.
1) Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization. 2) Experience with learning management systems. 3) Experience with Lectora or other industry-standard e-learning authoring tools.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the mid $50s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=80549. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Website for Online Applications: http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=80549
Date Posted: 01-26-2017